Wednesday 3 February 2010

Natural History Museum

Last week I was on work experience at The Times (blog post coming soon) for Monday-Friday and i'd planned ahead to have Saturday free in London to have a browse around the city before heading home. As I hadn't been to the Natural History Museum since I was about 6 I decided to go refresh my memory and get some shots whilst I was there. Also with it being 2 stops away from London Victoria it helped that I could leave my huge bag there for a few hours without having to go back to my friends flat before leaving. Massive bags + cameras + the tube isn't the greatest combination.

For anyone wanting to visit and take photographs, beware it is DARK in there. The D700's high ISO abilities shone through - alot of shots were taken at around 4000-5000 ISO. I still craved for a prime though for some nicer seperation on candids; the 50 1.4 is top of my to-buy list now.























1 comment:

  1. good job!

    Very DARK indeed. I managed to do a few portraits of a friend in there
    =http://timbowditch.blogspot.com/2009/12/bjh_23.html
    on Kodak 160NC using Mamiya 7II, not easy to say the least but fun!

    Like the cabinet one illuminating the girls face.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete